Who doesn’t enjoy a chocolate dipped strawberry? And sure anyone can buy those, but why not spice it up for a little Valentine’s fun! Here is a quick and easy way to have a little fun with very little effort!
- Fresh Strawberries
- Your favorite dipping chocolate (Chocolate chips, candy melts or Dolci frutta)
- Bottle of Vodka (I have tried whipped cream and chocolate flavored vodka as the flavors take a little out of the alcohol bite.)
- First, rinse and clean your strawberries. I leave the stems on for easier dipping and I like the splash of green with the rich red and chocolate color.
- Place strawberries in an airtight container and fill with vodka until the strawberries are submerged.
- Then place container in the fridge and let soak. I recommend letting soak for a full 24 hours but in a pinch you can certainly do less time.
- I then placed a large bowl underneath my strainer to catch my now strawberry infused leftover vodka for later use — wink, wink.
- Follow the directions on your chocolate melts of choice. Regardless of brand, I highly recommend patting dry your strawberries as the melted chocolate tends to clump when too moist.
- After dipping, let set on a piece of wax paper for easy pick-up. It only takes a minute or two. (Sure, some of you overachievers can decorate like cute little tuxedos or drizzle with red and white chocolate but it is a lot harder than it looks and they end up tasting the same!)
- I like to refrigerate mine until being ready to gift. Once ready, I packaged mine in these cute little festive take-out containers.
- Sit back and enjoy the ooh’s and aah’s from your Valentine!
Music: Kings and Queens of the Underground by Billy Idol.
Drink: Vodka — duh! Someone has to sample to ensure they are tasty and strawberries count as fruit 😉