Hello world, I’m going to make my first post quick and simple. It makes a great “guy gift”, and takes very little effort. (Sweeeeeet!)
Today, we’re making BACON VODKA! Let’s get to it:
- 1lb bacon
- 1 liter cheap vodka
- 1 qt jar
- Fun packaging
- Cook up your bacon via your preferred method. (I like the oven) Let it cool, and cut the slices you didn’t eat in half ( you know you ate some, and so did everyone else that came through the kitchen, it’s cool).
- Put it in the quart jar, fill it with vodka, cap it tight, and shake it up. Put it in a cool dry place for at least 3 days, shaking it up each day.
- When you’re ready to “harvest”, stick it in the freezer until the fat freezes.
- Now, you have to strain it. I used a coffee filter and a canning funnel.
- Put it in a cute package( I used a half pint jar, some raffia, and a tag I made with my Silhouette Sketch Pens), and BOOM you’re done. BACON.FREAKING.VODKA
This stuff is the poo in a Bloody Mary. Oooooh, you could totally make a fun little Bloody Mary kit with this and some jars of olives and…I gotta go take it up a notch. See you next time!
Drinking: Bacon Vodka Bloody Marys (doi)
Listening: The Man-Aloe Blacc